How to connect your iPhone 6 to a 2016 Honda HR-V
As the proud owner a 2016 Honda HR-V, you want to take advantage of everything your new crossover has to offer. First on the agenda: connecting your iPhone 6 to your HR-V.
If you have the 2016 Honda HR-V EX or Ex-L Navi, your vehicle is equipped with HondaLink Next Generation and a Display Audio 7-inch touchscreen. This technology pairs your iPhone with your Honda to power four HondaLink apps: Launcher, Connect, Aha, and Navigation. The Launcher app lets you download other compatible apps to your iPhone 6 that can then be accessed via the Dislay Audio system when your iPhone is plugged in to your Honda HR-V.
The LX trim of the 2016 Honda HR-V does not support HondaLink Next Generation software. However, it does have a 5-inch LCD display and two Bluetooth features. Bluetooth HandsFreeLink lets you make and receive phone calls hands-free, while Bluetooth Streaming Audio lets you play music from your smartphone through your Honda’s speakers.
To connect your iPhone 6 to your Honda HR-V, follow these steps:
- Grab your iPhone 6 and head out to your Honda. You will also need a Honda iOS cable kit, which includes an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and a Lightning adapter cable.
- Start your car and wait for the HondaLink display to turn on. It may take a moment for the screen to load. When the responsibility notice pops up, press “OK” to proceed to the home screen.
Make sure the Bluetooth in your phone is enabled and in discoverable mode.
- Select “Settings” on the Display Audio Screen, then “Phone,” followed by “Bluetooth Device List,” and finally “Add Bluetooth Device.”
- When the reminder to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone pops up, select “Continue.”
- Select your phone’s name from the list of Bluetooth devices.
A pop-up message regarding the Bluetooth pairing request should show up on your iPhone. Press “Pair.”
- Connect the HMDI and USB cables to the Lightning adapter cable and to the appropriate ports below the Display Audio panel.
- Connect the Lightning adapter to your iPhone and press “Allow” in response to the pop-up message on your iPhone.
Once your iPhone 6 has been successfully paired with your Honda HR-V, download the HondaLink apps to your iPhone and log in to each one. With your iPhone plugged into your Honda, the Display Audio system will automatically integrate the HondaLink Next Generation software. You can then access the HondaLink services by tapping the Link “Connect” icon.
Note that you do not need the Honda iOS cable kit to access Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio. Instead, you simply connect your phone via Bluetooth. This process can be initiated from your Honda HR-V using the “Phone” button or from your iPhone 6 in the Bluetooth settings.
If you need additional help using HondaLink, you can find instructional videos specific to your 2016 HR-V online. Learning how to use all of your HR-V’s features may take a little time, but the comfort and convenience they provide makes it time well spent — especially when it comes to the HondaLink Next Generation software.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage/highway estimates and driving range ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your MPGe/MPG and driving range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery age/condition, and other factors. For additional information about EPA ratings, visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-PHEV-label.shtml
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.